[Farmall] Farmall B wiring

John Gustafson gustafsonjohnc at wildblue.net
Sun May 16 12:41:59 PDT 2010

Craig,
I see another response that gives the sizes. I went through this on a Ford
poweed chipper thet I had bought on E-Bay a year or so ago.  I knew wit had
been rewired when I bpougt it but it did run. From what I saw when I finally
got into it there had been a fire and the original  harness had been more or
less destroyed and had been rewired  somewhat less than professionally, not
quite lamp cord  in places but close. Could not find a replacement harness
so I rebuilt one from scratch. Sized the wires by measuring the pieces of
the old one that was left on. Managed to find a good selection of colored
wire rolls at NAPA.  For Wrap around the harness I used Shrink tubing.
Harbor Freight sells it in various sizes in 3 foot lengths. It's worked well
so far, but it took awhile. Certainly not Factory but then I didn't care
about that for this piece of hardware I just wanted it neat and tidy without
loose wires flopping around.
John G