[AT] IH farmall - was RE: Just too gorgeous to pass up

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Sun May 16 07:44:32 PDT 2010

Dean, I really liked the composition of the picture as much as the tractor
itself. Thanks for sharing the picture. I only have Farmall 100/130's as far
as IH tractors go. The odd thing is that I can't operate them myself! They
are good for precision cultivation of a single 60" bed and since most of the
crops I grow are on 60" beds they are very useful. The issue for me is that
I am 6'6" tall and I cannot fit my legs let alone knees under the steering
wheel!!! Then there is the issue of the pedals being too close too! I have
two workers who are both fairly slender and about 5'5" or 5'6" tall and they
both enjoy driving them immensely. So, I have adjusted and let them have the
fun of driving them.
     I personally love driving the Caterpillars. I also love driving the
Olivers - fantastic 2 and 4 bed cultivating/planting and other things
tractors with the excellent hydraulics. Some day I might acquire a Super M
class diesel too, but if I did it would be either a wide front or a tricycle
like all of the tractors here in California that are actually used. The
narrow front ones like your picture are ultra rare and nearly all were
shipped in from the mid-west long after they were new as they are nearly
useless to us. Why? Irrigation and the crop selections here.
                Grant Brians
                Hollister, California
                Organic Specialty Vegetables and Fruits (with some walnuts
thrown in too...)