[AT] Air conditioner question

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat May 15 03:36:42 PDT 2010

Lew Best wrote:
> Thanks; I'll check it out.
>
> Lew near Waco, TX
> website HTTP://lewslittlefarm.com

Lew:
I have used both Freeze-12 and Red Tek.  I had a compressor failure on
freeze-12 and it was not warranted because of freeze-12.  I have used
Red-Tek for the past 5 years with great results.  They say it is also a
replacement for 134, but  I have bot tried it.  It is  mostly propane.
The properties of propane are very similar to r-12.   My 2-105 has a new
compressor and drier and Red Tek and worked fine all last year.  It
doesn't leak out as bad as R-12.
Cecil in OKla