[AT] Air conditioner question

Rupert rwenig2 at xplornet.com
Fri May 14 20:28:04 PDT 2010

Hello Lew,
	The product that I see most often around here is "Red Teck"
<http://www.redtek.com/index.html>. The same gas is sometimes marketed
using the name "Cool-it" at chain stores such as Princess Auto around here.
I have replaced R-12 with it many times with good results. The amounts
to fill a system and the pressures are different than for R-12 so
compare the charts on the Red Teck web site.
	I have stayed away from the R-134 systems as I don't have equipment to
evacuate the old R-134 gas so can't comment on it's replacement. Results
are good though according to what they say on the web site.
	I've also seen the name Enviro-safe but haven't seen the trade name
Freeze 12. Must be a US only brand. Compare the spec sheets. I suspect
they are the same as the Red Tech product under a different name.

Rupert