[AT] Just too gorgeous to pass up

drupert at seanet.com drupert at seanet.com
Fri May 14 00:08:24 PDT 2010

... Anyway, some weeks ago I was browsing eBay... and there was an
absolutely gorgeous very late 53 Super M, immaculately restored, live
hydraulics, two-way valve, belt pulley, etc--and it had the transitional
grille ...

Dean,

I can't recall the last time I've used, or heard someone else use, the
word "gorgeous" but it does seem fitting here ... that sure is a gorgeous
tractor!

I am biased to be sure.  In fact I returned home just a couple of hours
ago from a farming community about thirty miles North of my place where I
wrote an active farmer a check for a Super M that his grandfather had
purchased new.  Except for the fact that it has dirty and faded clothes on
it looks a good deal like your' SM.  It is a stage II six volt (although
yours' appears to be 12?) with a Farmall two-way valve, Paper Pulley and
Fenders.  The rears are virtually new and the tin is straight although it
does has the often seen slit in the Hood caused by the Char Lynn Torque
Generator.  It has the M Grille.

>From a psychological standpoint I understand tractors to be a lot like
horses.  It is important that they not be shedded/stabled by themselves
but rather have a companion ... especially when the companion is also
gorgeous!  Congratulations -

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington