[AT] Strange modification

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu May 13 04:36:40 PDT 2010

There are very few loggers that can go where Goodson goes.  He limits his
competition by taking on the tough jobs.  There are all kinds of
environmental regulations on working those wetland tracts.   Speaking of
hovercraft, there are tracts down here that they log out of boats and lift
out with helicopters but that has to be really high value timber.

Some  of those places where the Goodsons work are so soft a man can't walk
on them without sinking to his knees or worse.  We own some swamp land like
that.  The last time ours was logged it was with a Bombardier rig that is
basically a boat with wheels and tracks on the outside.  I'd bet those 72"
wide tires Bobby is running get his ground pressure down to less than 2 lbs
per sq inch and that rig might just float if you ran it off into deep water.

Charlie