[AT] 2-cycle oil and 340 Farmall

Rob Wilson ro.wilson at att.net
Sun May 9 18:25:52 PDT 2010

Cat quit the over the road engine manufacturing because they could not meet
the EPA requirements. I have a buddy of mine that works for Kenworth aka
Paccar and the Cat engine fiasco cost them a ton. LOTS of Kenworths were
ordered with Cats and when they couldn't use them, Jan 07 I believe, they
had a bunch of truck orders sitting waiting to be built with Cats but
couldn't do it. Now ironically they have their own Paccar diesel. Cummins
had the least problem meeting the EPA requirements just like their like 6B
engines in the Dodges. But the old adage of a owner operator has a Cat and a
driver had a Cummins must say most Kenworths are owner operator.
Rob