[AT] Iron and lots of it

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun May 9 17:46:49 PDT 2010

That sounds like the JX series.  It was their economy tractor.  It had a
regular clutch and 14gpm hydraulics.   I bought a JX85, if you ran it more
than an hour pulling the 9 ft disc mower, it would get hot.  You had to turn
the air off.  The engine is made by Iveco and from what I heard later, you
don't want one.  It was by far the worst tractor I ever had.  I gave 16K for
it and put a 7K loader on it then before it got out of the shop, it had to
have 1400.00 work on it.  The heater hoses had to be replaced and that was 4
hrs labor and $125 for hose.  The wiring was too small for the air
conditioner to run long hours, so it would overheat the wiring then the
connections would get corroded.  I traded it for my TS110 New Holland, (Ford
New Holland) and got rid of it.  I am not that proud of the New Holland, it
is a nice tractor, but for the money, my Belarus tractors are the best.
The New Holland is just a lot more for operator comfort.  It has the
clutchless shuttle, and electronic shift.  I did nto want all the computer
and electronic stuff, but it is the only thind offered in a decent tractor.

I would not buy another Case/IH

Cecil in OKla