[AT] AC Forklift

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Fri May 7 07:44:21 PDT 2010

Tire size makes a big difference if you need to run your forklift on non-paved or non-concrete surfaces.

Packed gravel isn't bad, but loose gravel will get you stuck quickly.  Years ago I had a friends forklift with non-pneumatic tires and it was terrible if you got into loose gravel.

During the summer time when the ground is nice and hard you can get a forklift in more areas but still have to watch out for any soft areas or you'll get stuck.

John.... you had me there for a minute.  I was wondering how you got a 2 Ton Caterpillar stuck and how a crawler was a replacement for a forklift.  Then I realized you weren't talking about the 2 Ton crawler, but a 4000 lb capacity Caterpillar brand forklift.

Haven't gotten my 5000lb Yale with pneumatic tires stuck yet, but I also know enough to stay off the soft stuff.

George