[AJD] JD Disc Plow

Rev. Gerber drgerber at fuse.net
Mon May 3 11:16:43 PDT 2010

I have little knowledge of disk plows, but do have a disk tiller, where the
disks are closer together than the disk plow, otherwise the implements look
the same.  I thought the disk plows were still called plows, and the disk
tillers were what were called a one-way.  They, the disk tillers, are scarce
here in the Ohio/Indiana area, and I have never seen them on the East Coast
when I lived there.  I have been told, as was stated here regarding the disk
plows, that the disk tillers were used in dry and rocky soils further west.

I may try my disk tiller out and see just how hard it is to pull.  After I
try it out, it will get a paint job and go to a show now and then, once I
figure out what it would be matched with.  Look to me like it has never been
used, or very little.  I believe it has seven rather large disks.  Heavy
duty thing, that's certain.  I have not done the research on the model
number as I don't know where to start looking for numbers, what to look for,
or what they would mean, nor have I met anyone who seems to know much about
them.  For all I know, it might be a great implement that I use a lot in my
large garden.

Rev. Dr. David R. Gerber
Mt. Airy United Methodist Church
2645 North Bend Rd.