[AT] OT - Skunks

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 05:23:51 PDT 2010

Interesting stories.  As far as I know, the acid in tomato juice is somewhat
successful to kill skunk order.  I once had an English Setter that came face
to face with a skunk.  The skunk did the back end over flip and let poor
unsuspecting Dixie have it at a  range of about one foot. As luck would have
it, that was late August when many tomatoes laid full ripe in the garden.
After a water rinse to remove the excess, I juiced several tomatoes on the
dogs head.  The rest of the story is that the dog had an orange head for
about a week, but the odor was controlled enough for Dixie to sleep in the
house as usual that first night.

Charlie V. in WNY