[AT] OT - Skunks

Rupert rwenig2 at xplornet.com
Mon Mar 29 21:14:27 PDT 2010

Hello Mike,
	You could consider turning it into a pet. :-) Skunks are very good
mousers so will keep the mice away and maybe rats too. They are also
good at keeping unwanted solicitors away. :-) We had one living under a
grainery that did regular patrols around the other buildings  including
the house every morning for about 5 years before something happened to
it. We never saw a mouse while that skunk was around. Even the poodles
we had got along with it. Only worry was it might tangle with visitors
we wanted.
	IMHO, don't try to shoot it under the deck as you will smell it for
years if it decides to spray. About the only way to remove it that I
know is what you are doing- trying to trap it. Maybe try a different bait.

Rupert