[AT] Magneto Question...again!

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Mar 29 06:49:54 PDT 2010

Ben if it is melted you need to replace it because a good cap shouldn't
melt.  If it did get hot enough to melt it probably damaged it.   Otherwise,
it only takes a small amount of corrosion to stop one from firing.  The
aluminum inserts in the cap where the plug wired go in sometimes get a white
corrosive residue on them and you really can't see it.  You might try an
agressive pencil erraser or an art erraser that will fit down in the holes.
Then wash it out good with alcohol or electronics cleaner, etc.