[Farmall] Moving Rear Wheels on "H"

Tim Savelle tim.savelle at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 17:07:53 PDT 2010

I bought a used 16' low boy trailer to haul my '49 H on.  Now I've got to
move the rear wheels inward some so it will fit between the trailer's
fenders.  The tractor has new rubber on it, so I'm thinking the wheels have
probably been off within the last couple of years.  Everything's painted on
the rear axles and rims, and I don't see anything that would lead me to
believe the wheels are rusted to the axles .  Looks to me like moving the
wheels is pretty straight-forward:  loosen the 4 big bolts and work the
wheels inward.  Any particular quirks in moving the wheels that anyone knows
about, or anything I should know before I start?

Thanks,
Tim