[AT] Magneto Question...again!

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Mar 28 14:23:26 PDT 2010

Plastic? Melted? Distributor caps are (almost always) made of Bakelite -
it is almost impossible to melt Bakelite without using an oxy-acetylene
torch. (and even then, it would more likely just crumble.) I am
wondering where you might have gotten a "plastic" distributor cap. There
is no high temperature to speak of generated in a distributor, or there
isn't normally.

Mike