[AT] Firewood cutting

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Sat Mar 27 03:42:37 PDT 2010

Ralph,
Maybe the reason one hasn't heard of accidents (I haven't either) is
those men knew the dangers and used great care around the operating blade.
In those days the firewood came from trimming around the edges of the
fields.  I barely remember my grandpa, a great uncle and a couple others
doing that trimming every winter and piling the cut firewood in a fresh
pile in the woodshed for use the next winter.
Today the farmers who rent the fields will circuit the field edges with
a rotary mower on an arm.
David
NW NC