[AT] Firewood cutting

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Fri Mar 26 22:31:41 PDT 2010

On 3/26/2010 10:54 PM, Ralph Goff wrote:

> As dangerous as that blade appears I don't recall ever hearing of an
> accident involving one of those saws....

Ralph,

We had a neighbor (in Missouri) that powered one by belt with a late
40's Case (VC I think).
When I helped out on the sawing team once as a teen, I heard a story
similar to one I seem to
remember reading on this or a another forum some years ago.  Some of the
men working with me
recounted an incident where the saw blade came off while turning at
speed.  They said it
moved very fast and bounced along a good way before it stopped.

Chuck Bealke