[AT] How do I test a Generator?

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Fri Mar 26 19:28:08 PDT 2010

Ben -

You've received some good advice already.

Get a wiring diagram for your tractor.

If there's no regulator or cut-out in the circuit the machine has been on the wrong end of a bad fix.

This link is Farmall-specific, but the info is excellent, and applicable to all brands if you use your noodle.

http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m46/farmallbob/Farmall%20Tractor%20Wiring%20Diagrams/

If you're in over your head, you're better off paying someone who knows how to fix a genny rather than
destroying it with inexperience.

Greg
http://www.casemanaugie@yahoo.com

Could you try to spin it with a battery like an electric motor?  I have
heard that could test if the rascal was even working.  I don't have a
voltage regulator, though.  Would that make the generator act dead?

Ben Wagner