[AT] John Deer advice needed

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 24 18:19:06 PDT 2010

Folks,

A long time friend has a John Deer tractor in Newtown, CT.  The
hydraulic system in the thing has a serious leak and he's been told
that the thing will have to be taken apart to fix it.  I'm trying to
help him by getting advice on two things:

- What model is it?  I have pictures I can send to identify the
model.  The tractor was bought some years ago and the seller now won't
admit to the sale.  (The name plate and serial numbers are gone!)

- Once the  model is known, what is involved in fixing the hydraulic
pump/system in the tractor.  Does the tractor have to be taken to
pieces?  Is there someone in that part of Connecticut who could/would
do the work, or at least give an idea of what's involved?

To get started, I'm able to send to anyone the pictures to see what we
are dealing with.

Thanks in advance,
Roy

Roy Morgan