[AT] off topic computer died

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Tue Mar 23 08:18:44 PDT 2010

Cecil, I don't know if this is the same issue you're having or not, but
sometimes my PC freezes up upon startup and just sits there with a blue
screen.  When it was still under warranty the manufacturer's service rep
walked me through a procedure I've since done quite a few times to fix it.
I take the case off, remove the battery (about the size and shape of a
nickel, maybe a quarter), and let it sit for a few minutes.  Then I put the
battery back in, put the case back on, and restart.  Always works, although
I have to reset the clock every time.

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net