[Farmall] 1950 cub oil filter bolt

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Sun Mar 21 08:19:33 PDT 2010

Two answers to this question, depends on which engine block you have.  If
your engine block has part number 251341R1 through 251341R7, there is an
adapter screwed into the block that the bolt screws into.  The adapter is
part 251390R1, which Messicks still shows available for less than $10.  Get
a replacement adapter and bolt and you are back in business.  You can
probably get the parts from somebody that has a junk engine block.  If you
happen to have block number 251341R8 (which started at engine number 245701)
you will probably have to do as Mike suggested.  Here is the parts catalog
page that shows the adapter:
http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20Parts%20Manuals/TC-37C%20Parts%20Catalog%20(08-29-52)/Engine/Page-19.jpg

If your tractor has the original engine, it will be one with the adapter.
By the way, there were two different bolts.  One for blocks with the
adapter, another for those without.
Jim Becker