[Farmall] Paint blisters on "H" gas tank

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sun Mar 21 06:52:18 PDT 2010

Before you replace the tank, I would try to see if you really have a
pinhole in the top - that would be very unusual to say the least. I
would much more suspect poor preparation of the last paint job. If you
do find a pinhole, I think that would be easy enough to repair with
two-part epoxy like JB Weld or similar or even fiberglass resin. You
might have to enlarge the hole very slightly to get the filler to work
into it. In my experience (don't ask me what happened), buying a used
fuel tank just invites all kinds of new problems - better to deal with
the one you have than an unknown part.

Mike