[AT] OT excavator to drive posts

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Mar 19 13:25:24 PDT 2010

Since I've gotten lazy I've been using my front end loader on the Massey
Super 90 to push fence posts into the ground rather that pound them in with
the big, hand powered post maul. I've found it saves splitting the top of
the pickets and also saves my aching back. The secret is to make a pilot
hole using a crowbar. In dry conditions I will also add water. Sometimes
those posts go in too deep even in this clay soil.

Ralph in Sask.