[AT] OT excavator to drive posts

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Fri Mar 19 04:48:49 PDT 2010

Cecil,
The state came around a few years ago and built a guardrail in front of my place on both
sides of the road. They pushed the posts into the ground hydraulically (they look like
I beams). We have the heavy clay soil here also. The machine was truck mounted. Seems to
me you should be able to do the same with your excavator/breaker if it is what I think
it is.

Phil

--- crbearden at copper.net wrote:

From: Cecil Bearden <crbearden at copper.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: Re: [AT] OT  excavator to drive posts
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 06:20:36 -0500

I have a neighbor that wants us to build a fence (pipe & cable) around
his place.  We are thinking of pushing or driving the posts in the
ground with the excavator.   I have a  hyd breaker bought in Plyumouth
MI, and it will take a while to get it here..    Anyone had any luck
with pushing posts in the ground, in a clay soil??  ( yeah I know, good
luck!!)

Cecil in OKla