[AT] Harvest video

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Mar 14 10:40:53 PDT 2010

Mattias, Charlie, in fact most cereal grain is now cut straight here too but
at the time of the video (1987) swathing was more the rule. It helped to
even out the ripening of the crop. Otherwise the hilltops would be dead ripe
while the low land and sloughs would stilll have green kernels. Also weed
control used to be a problem and could really delay harvest while waiting
for the weeds to dry up. Once we got into chemical weed control there was no
problem that way.

Ralph in Sask.