[Farmall] "H" running a little rough

cvill cvill at frontiernet.net
Sun Mar 14 06:29:46 PDT 2010

Tim,

Make absolutely sure the exhaust pipe is covered so it takes on no
water.  Beyond that your plug wires probably leak a little spark when
damp.  Wet them down with WD-40.  Wet the cap and the head of the coil
too if it has a coil. (distributor ignition)  This should solve the
problem for at least several months which will allow you to replace
wiring whenever you get around to it, assuming that is the problem.  It
may be a good policy to let the WD-40 air dry for a day before starting
the tractor.   I have never had a fire problem from doing the WD-40, but
we do not want your new H to turn into a candle.

Charlie V.