[AT] OT Cat Excavator

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Mar 14 05:29:03 PDT 2010

Yesterday I looked at a Cat E110B excavator and could not leave it to
waste away on a lot.  It will be delivered tuesday.  A 90 model with
3500 hrs, pretty rough sheet metal as it was sitting in a building that
fell down on top of it.  It is one of the quietest and smoothest running
and operating machines I ever operated.  I had more control over the
bucket that I ever did on any other machine.    I had an excavation
contractor friend look at it with me and he only has about 55 years of
experience in the business.  He said if it was a abigger machine he
would sure buy it.  It is a 26K machine so a little small for most
contractors, but I can haul it if I have to on a gooseneck behind a 2
ton.   I have a couple of hyd driven mowers and I am going to build a
shear to put on in place of the bucket to clean fencerows.  It has a
manual thumb and with a little practice you can pull up 10 inch cedar
trees by the roots and shake the dirt off of them..  I am going to start
doing some land improvements on  the place that have been needed for
oaver 30 years.    Also picked up a cat generator with a 3306 turbo
engine in it.  Don't know the KW rating because I cant read the tag.
They were both repo machines.  If the generator will work, half of the
excavator is paid for....

Cecil in OKla