[AT] Harvest video

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Mar 14 05:18:12 PDT 2010

charliehill wrote:
> Same here Mattias.  I think they cut it up like that up north to help with
> the drying.
>
> Charlie

Here you have to harvest oats like that to get ahead of the weeds.  I
combined 220 acres of oats that a guy had cut and windrowed.  He cut
them when it was wet and they stuck to the ground.,  I had a good pickup
but the would shatter out when it went to pick them up.  It made 30
bushel to the acre and he did not pay me because he thought there should
be 60 bushel to the acre.  We went to court and the attorney lost my
right to file a lien because he did not know about a combine & thrashers
lien.  Attorney now is a state representative.  I worked 2 weeks on that
one field and lost other work at harvest in addition to buying the
combine to do that work...  that was the end of my custom harvesting days.
That summer will always stick in my memory.
Cecil in OKla

my