[Farmall] Turning on the magneto switch on Farmall "H"

DBigdog DBigdog at columbus.rr.com
Thu Mar 11 17:57:27 PST 2010

Tim,
    If you trace the wires from the switch back to the alternator you should
find one wire connected to the 12 volt + source.  The other wire should be
attached to the alternator excitation terminal. (marked #1)  Attach the
diode between the excitation terminal and the 12 volt +  with the striped
end of the diode connected to the exciter lug.
    You can get the diode at Radio Shack.  A 1N4001 diode or equivalent will
do the job.  You can make these connections right on the alternator.