[AT] 39 Farmall A coming along.....

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Mar 10 19:44:21 PST 2010

Paul Waugh wrote:
> Did they have this plastigage back in 1939???  What did the original repairs
> call for?? Sounds like overkill. Isn't this when people used belts from
> their pants, for bearing to get by??  I am too old:))
> my 2 cents.
> paul=46555

It's been around a LONG time. The original way was to use micrometers to
measure and calculate.
The book I have on a Model T shows this method. PG was developed for
folks who didn't have those expensive tools. It works but because
temperature variations can cause it to read wonky you want to make sure
that all the parts are the same temp.

--
Steve W.