[Farmall] "H" oil filter questions - photos below

Tim Savelle tim.savelle at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 14:07:02 PST 2010

John,

Thanks for the reply.  I really wish you could see this picture, but I don't
have webspace.  Is there some way I can send it to you?

I've picked around in the groove with my pocket knife, and have gotten a few
pieces out, but I don't want to dig around too much and score the metal.
Any danger in that?

The "inside" of the groove (directly below the filter rim) is higher than
the "outside" of the groove (exterior).  I guess you could say there is an
offset.

I'm having a really hard time trying to get the gasket to lay down flat in
the groove where I can install the filter housing directly on top of it.
Tricks or tips you know about?

Thanks,
Tim