[AT] D17 with front fenders

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Mon Mar 8 08:35:50 PST 2010

Yes, I do know what you mean, Mattias.  I understand the politics, and I understand the weather.

The skin of hardened snow is called "crust".  It can be formed either by temperature changes (thaw-freeze), by wind, or a combination.  I used to have fun with it when I was a kid because crusted snow drifts made it so easy to make snow caves to play in.

I don't pretend to know or understand everything about the differences in climate between Scandanavia-Northern Europe and the continental US, but I have had a close personal concern about it if for no other reason than that my son has been living in Poland for the last 19 years.  We have visited with him and traveled throughout the country on extended road trips, so the differences in weather patterns between there and here, and finding the differences in farming practices and road regulations have come about from natural curiosity.  Without even considering other differences, the fact that northern Europe is about the same latitude as Hudson's Bay helps to put it all in perspective.

Larry