[AT] good view of shifting a 13 speed roadranger

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Sun Mar 7 21:59:35 PST 2010

Frank,
	That's it.  From 1300 to 1700.  Set up to run 70 mph in 13th at 1600
rpm.  Get there, turn on the cruise, and forget it.  Just steer.
Flatland, of course.  I had to get used to that engine not wrapping
fast.  At first I thought it was a dog, but it actually is a good
engine, I think.  I drive like an old man, but everyone would just leave
me in the dust at the stoplights even if I tried to leave fast.  But
just a little way down the road, I was passing them up.  I suppose the
computer could be set up different, but I got used to it.  My personal
truck is a 3406 mechanical Cat in a '97 Freightliner.  I really like
that engine and the no computer.  I have left it stock at 350 hp or so
and it actually is set up to run the same figures as the 60 series
Detroit.  Much less power though.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA