[AT] Weird truck problem was RE: 8V 71 DetroitinaMackCaboverforRalph

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Mar 7 15:47:52 PST 2010

All depends on the mufflers.  The Detroits I drove were loud.  The trucks
didn't have sleepers and the stacks were right behind the cab corners.  They
had mufflers but the drivers made sure they were all gutted long before I
started driving.  I had both of the stereo speakers right behind my head
(one for each ear so to speak).  Most of the time I couldn't make out what
was being said on the radio and I couldn't understand the CB very well
either.
I once picked up this beautiful young college girl hitch hiking.  We were
about the same age.  She was headed  to the beach and I was headed in that
direction.  She jumped right in but I couldn't talk to her.  We couldn't
hear each  other, so when I had to turn I stopped and put her out without
even knowing her name.

Those trucks most likely had something to do with the constant ringing in my
ears these days.