[AT] D17 with front fenders

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Mar 7 15:42:26 PST 2010

Mattias,  new and newer tractors have lights and flashing lights.  For the
most part our wagons do not and never have.  In the old days even if a
tractor had lights on it they often didn't work.  We do run a big reflective
triangle on the back of farm equipment that is very visable to vehicles
approaching from the rear and it is only supposed to be used on slow moving
farm equipment.  So, if  you see one you automatically know you are about to
run over a farm tractor if you don't slow down.  I don't know about other
states but in NC farm equipment is not allowed on Interstate highways and
other restricted access freeways but on the rural roads and other highways
farm equipment has the right of way.    From my experience there are very
few collisions with farm equipment.   We did have some lady in a BMW try to
bulldoze a Gleaner combine out of the highway a while back.  Knocked the
steering axle out from under the guys combine.  The lady didn't fare as
well.  Let's just say she didn't need the BMW any longer.

Charlie