[Farmall] 39 A: Crankshaft pulley with setscrew!

cvill cvill at frontiernet.net
Sun Mar 7 11:23:12 PST 2010

In my case it was a gear, Al.  The space behind the gear was limited to
about 3/8".  I had nothing to get in there so I bought the splitter.  I
used it with a hook end puller set up with two jaws, hooked under the
outer edges of the splitter.  the gear pulled off with almost no effort
on the puller bolt.  I have used it on my 20 ton press behind shoulders
as well.  It has worked as it should.  The problem you might have with
your pulley is the  pin or tab for setting timing as someone mentioned
in a previous post.  There is no opening is the splitter to allow for that.

Charlie V.