[AT] good view of shifting a 13 speed roadranger

Frank gremaux at midrivers.com
Sat Mar 6 07:37:33 PST 2010

If you will notice..he is shifting the red button before he shifts the main
stick.........if the main stick should happen to come out of gear just a
little soon or a little late it will make a big bang and sometimes if it
comes out with the bang the transmission will break off near the rear of the
case.....
You should shift them main first and as soon as it is in gear shift the red
one....

Did not mean to be too critical but it can happen and does .....

As Charlie has stated correctly(not disagreeing with you Charlie just be
careful when you do it that way) ......but if you end up letting up on the
throttle too quickly  ...and you have already flipped the red....bang

I only just started doing this so not the expert......(I started in 1956 and
still on the road as of yesterday and STILL not an expert)
A couple of the ones I have driven are on my web site and the one I drive
now loaded with cement and grossing 115,500.....

www.angelfire.com/mt/deeregp/index.html

towards the bottom

Transmissions I have run:
5 speed main and 4 speed Brownie
4 and 4
5 and 3
Heavy 15
Roadrangers in 10 13 and 18 speeds

6 speed Alison Automatic
6 Speed Auto with 3 speed Brownie
And the best of all was
5 and 4 with a double reduction rear end.(3 sticks)

The most miles I have put on are with the 13 Eaton
Frank