[AT] good view of shifting a 13 speed roadranger

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 6 05:28:36 PST 2010

I remember the first time I rode with a guy in a big truck with a roadranger
transmission.  First time I noticed he shifted without touching the clutch I
was like, "what the @#$(*$#!!!"

Friend of mine has an older Mack 10 wheeler with a dirt/rock body on it,
sometimes he uses it to haul corn out of the field.  I have learned how to
get it up to about 4th or 5th, as high as you can go without changing
ranges.  I will have to say, it's easy to learn how to shift without the
clutch.  Haven't had it on the road to figure out the range thing......

That big heavy truck is downright fun with 300 bu. of corn on it.  It
doesn't even know it's loaded!

Al