[AT] good view of shifting a 13 speed roadranger

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Mar 5 20:49:58 PST 2010

Nope, that's the way you shift a road ranger.  Changing from direct to OD or
back to direct is done by moving a gear on the back end of the transmission.
It won't release under load.  When you let off the gas the air pressure will
shift it.  The ones I drove had a different shift knob.  Kind of a hockey
puck shaped deal with a button that moved around the front side of the puck.
Low was all the way around to the drivers side, direct in the middle and OD
to the right.  It was a simple slide valve the directed air through very
small plastic lines.  The hole in the air line isn't as big as a tooth pick.