[AT] Oliver 990

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Mar 5 20:38:00 PST 2010

Steve you are generally right but if they are very well maintained it is
possible to stop the leaks and they don't really burn much oil unless they
have a lot of wear on them.  If the oil rings get worn and you leave one
sitting running idle it will accumulate oil in the air boxes and run away by
burning the engine oil.   I've seen a 3-53 and a 6-71 run away.  It'll make
you run for cover.

Charlie