[Farmall] 39 A: Crankshaft pulley with setscrew!

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 5 20:28:39 PST 2010

My students got the front bolster off and we are just about ready to get the
engine free of the tractor onto a stand.

I found something I have never seen before on Cub's, Super A's, etc.:  About
a 5/16" setscrew in the pulley.  From the way it's cast, it appears that the
setscrew is over the keyway--the pulley has a raised area like it was cast
to accommodate a keyway.......all way different than what I have seen!

I have to see if I can borrow the proper tools to get the pulley off this
weekend.  We don't want to just throw a puller on it and break the pulley to
begin with.  Now since it appears to be a tad unusual, I DEFINITELY don't
want to break it!

Al