[Farmall] 39 Farmall A: Getting sleeves/pistons out.

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 15:46:32 PST 2010

When I took mine out there was 1 stuck, a shot on the bottom of the rod w/ a block of wood and a hammer and the sleeve slid out. There is an o-ring in the block at the bottom and the top of the sleeve is a slip fit so not that tight. I also used the block to remove the other sleeves. Block was like a hammer handle, good solid piece of oak or hickory. Once knocked loose they slide right out. Before reassembling the sleeves into the block, make sure the o-ring grooves are very clean and not pitted or rusty. Use a mirror to inspect.
 Barney Van De Weert
3828 Heartwood St
Uniontown OH 44685

bbvande at yahoo.com