[AT] Fuel tank problems

Recentjester at aol.com Recentjester at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 21:19:47 PDT 2010

fuckers!!

In a message dated 6/9/2010 10:21:59 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
crbearden at copper.net writes:

This  must be the week for the 10 cent part to stop the 30K machine.  Our
Disc mower is down because of a PTO pin that caused the shaft to come
loose
and bend ever so slightly and then it knocked out the u joint and we  spent
over $150 in nparts to repair, then gave up and bought another shaft  from
TSC store and shortened it to drive the mower.  However the  safety shields
are waiting on the little plastic bearing to hold the end  of the shield
since te new yoke takes a larger bearing.

The TS110  NH is down with a fuel tank leak at the fuel gauge sending unit.
The  plastic boss that is welded to the tank fell off and let the sending
unit  come out and leak 30 gal of fuel out.  However there is no good way
repair it without replacement of the tank at $526.

Once again,  reliability is non existent.   When we had metal tanks we
could
have the radiator shop weld them.  Radiator shop  will not touch  this,
they
say it will not hold, for more than a year and I will be pissed  at them.
Admire their honesty.   We used to put a bolt in the  pto shaft collar to
hold it on the tractor,  There are no more holes  in the shaft.. Tractor is
8
years old and  dealer says there is no  recall or TSB on the tank but they
have replaced a lot of  tanks...

Cecil in OKla