[AT] Cub lowboy

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Jun 30 08:19:11 PDT 2010

There are Lo-Boys and Loboys. The Cub came in two configurations up
until about 1970: a regular wide front row crop tractor with an offset
to the left, and a lowered version that was pretty much identical called
the "Lo-Boy". Then IH offered a "numbered" tractor called the 154 LoBoy
that used the Cub's engine and drive train but in a lowered and centered
configuration and with a different steering mechanism.

The point I am making is that the 154/185/184 LoBoy doesn't have the
same steering/motor mount problems as the older Cub/Lo-Boy (but it does
have other problems resulting from an oddball belt-driven PTO, outboard
clutch, etc.)

What you need to find out is exactly which tractor he is being offered.
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_cubs/ns-3.html>
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/international_184/184_painted1.html>

In any case, either model of tractor with new tires on the rear is
probably worth about $2000, assuming that everything else is OK. I have
both of the above mentioned models and can offer some (hopefully useful)
advice from experience.

Mike