[AJD] resource request

Mike Scholl buck69_hunter at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 29 08:30:31 PDT 2010

I've been subscribing to this list for a few years now and know that there
are a number of pretty knowledgeable and informed people out there.

My problem does NOT concern my '35 John Deere B, it's my 2003 JD4310 eHydro
that I need help with.  I'll throw the problem description out here, but I'm
really just looking for a "Go here to get that info" or something like that.

Here goes...
I was brush-hogging all weekend and in the end had a pile of deadfall aspen
trees that I needed to push out of the way.  After removing my MX-5 rotary
cutter and putting the bucket back on, I headed out to the pile and
successfully moved it.  I backed away and when I pressed the forward pedal I
was greeted to only a flashing fault indictor (short-long-long-long if I
recall correctly).  Reverse will work fine provided that I first shut off
and restart the tractor and that I don't touch the forward pedal (which
totally disables the tractor).

I understand the fault code to be fault 10 and is likely a result of the
wiring being interrupted under the tractor.  This has happened to me before
and that time, there was a weather-proof connector that had been pulled
loose.  That connection appears to be intact and am unable to locate the
culprit.

I'm told that my Operator's Manual is supposed to have the fault codes
listed in the Troubleshooting section... NOT SO.  This may have been the
case with the some JD4310's and their OM, but not mine (I've heard of others
who also don't have the codes listed in their OM).  I'd REALLY like to see
that fault code list!!!

I'd like to avoid hauling the tractor in to the dealer, can you imagine the
$$$ that would cost?

Any help is really appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Mike Scholl