[Farmall] Light switch for converted 12v '55 cub

Dale flya737 at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 06:07:49 PDT 2010

My '55 cub was converted from 6v to 12v, but the guy doing the work simply cut the wires to the lights until they were changed to 12v bulbs.  I have done that, but now I need a new LIGHT SWITCH.  The old one apparently had been replaced at some time with a cheesy toggle switch, and now I want to put on an "original" one.  As many times as I have looked at the parts manuals, I just can't figure out which switch.  Obviously I need 12v, but is it 3- or 4-position?  I have the two round-backed (not tear-drop or flat-backed) headlights, and one combination taillight - round backed, with a sealed beam with red paint on the rear and a small bulb shining behind through an unpainted hole.  It also has a switch on the outside, but it is missing the knob.

And speaking of knobs, which knob on the panel switch would be right, the "early" one or the "later" one?

So, what I need are:
Light switch
Knob for light switch
Knob for taillight

I am just finishing reassembly after a partial restoration, but cannot go much further until I get the panel back in place, and I want to get the switch first, so thank you or any info.  Oh, and if you have a particular vendor for these, let me know.

Dale Finch
flya737 at aol.com
919-360-799