[AT] fuel problems get expensive

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Jun 25 04:48:06 PDT 2010

I know this is not an antique tractor, but this problem applies to all
diesels.  The late model diesels that are listed as emissioned are the
real problem ones.
My TS110 New Holland that I was so proud of died last Monday morning at
1:00 am while baling.  The fuel tank problem I had had allowed enough
water to get in and overload the fuel filter and ruin the injection
pump.   I have to buy a new pump, my pump is so destroyed.  Pump and
injector tips will be a little over $3000.00
The primary filter on this $60K tractor is a big sediment bowl!!!
I am installing a double filter assembly from a Ford.  My 500 gallon
tank is clear and We keep final filters on all pumps for fuel transfer,
and they are clean.  The tractor tank was the problem.

Cecil in OKLa