[AT] never had that to happen before

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Jun 24 03:26:20 PDT 2010

Generally speaking (and I write that with my fingers crossed), the
ignition components that you buy from the OEM dealer (Case IH, John
Deere, New Holland, etc.) or a NAPA dealer will be OK. The ones you get
from TSC/Valu-Bilt/etc. will be imported crap, sometimes defective right
out of the box.

I have been "biting the bullet" and installing Pertronix ignition
modules in the tractors that give me ignition problems. It is not a
cheap solution (especially when you have a dozen tractors), but at least
it eliminates one source of problems.

Mike