[AT] Good Karma? JD 60 Orchard

jahaze at aol.com jahaze at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 06:01:09 PDT 2010

I posted back in April about a JD 60 Orchard gas tractor (one of 297 made) that I had found on Craigslist.  I was not the first caller and told the seller what I could about the tractor and why I thought their price was really low.  Anyway, they decided to take bids and sell it to the highest bidder in and attempt to get a more realistic price for it.  They were originally asking $1,500 for it.  The tractor is in great shape, all original with factor power steering and minimal rust, good tires, etc.  After some checking, I figured it was easily worth $6,000 as it sits.  Anyway, I told them what I could about it, they were happy I was honest with them and they went on their way.  Yesterday I got an e-mail from them out of the blue indicating that the tractor was still for sale, wondering if I was still interested.  I spoke with them yesterday and foudn out that they were just tired of dealing with the scammers, people saying they would buy it and never showing up, etc.  Since I was the only one who actually took the time to come and look at it, they decided to get an offer from me.  It's not the best time for me to buy it, but it's too good (rare?) of a tractor to pass up.  I offered $2,500 and they accepted.  I guess I'll have some more green at home (and now I need to clear more space in thr barn).

I will post some photos on the forum.

Enjoy, Joe