[AT] Farmall 100 damage

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Tue Jun 22 19:10:13 PDT 2010

Grant,
A locked up rear brake, maybe? Hope it's a simple fix.

Phil

--- sales at heirloom-organic.com wrote:

From: "Grant Brians" <sales at heirloom-organic.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: [AT] Farmall 100 damage
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 04:19:18 -0700

I got a call from my worker yesterday that was dismaying. One of my farmall
100's (naturally at the remote ranch) had a locked up rear wheel suddenly.
We determined that only one side seems to be locked up so I was sure the
Transmission was fine. The tractor gets used 4 days a week or so and is a
happy little reliable 56 year old, so I suspect that there is not a problem
with lack of oil in the differential etc.
     Can any Farmall experts suggest whether it is damaged differential
parts, damage in the final drive or the shaft coming out of the differential
internally? I checked the my IH service manual and am expecting to remove
the final drive as soon as the tractor is hauled from the remote ranch to my
shop and we clear several projects out of the way by completing them - so in
about 10 days. I am hoping that parts are readily available as I would
prefer not to strip the spare Farmall 100 more if I could because it would
be terrific if the spare could be put back into service!
           Grant Brians
           Hollister, California